RESEARCH the company before INTERVIEW?
1. Visit the company website. Understand the role within the department. Understand the function of the department within the organization. Gauge the workplace culture. Recognize the management structure. Assess the company’s global presence. Identify the company’s competitors.
2. Review company financials if available. Review the company’s share price over the past 6 months.
3. Review JOb Vacancies Directory.
4. Investigate any company social media presence, following, and activity.
5. Search Bloomberg, FT, Wall Street Journal and local mainstream media, for company mentions within the past 6 months.
6. Reach out to current employees.
7. Research the interviewer on LinkedIn and Google.
Two possible related questions asked in interviews are: “What do you know about this company?” “Why do you want to work for this company?” Demonstrate in the interview that you have THOROUGHLY researched the company, so that you can articulate how YOU will add value to the organization. This is one of the things that you CAN control during the hiring process, so…. Invest the time to PREPARE, if you want to ace the interview! Please don’t jeopardize your chances because you didn’t do your homework! Anything to add, please?