Madison General Insurance Kenya Limited is a member of the Madison Group and is a leading provider of healthcare and general insurance services throughout Kenya. The Company is recruiting for the following position:
Underwriting & Reinsurance Manager
The Underwriting and Reinsurance Manager will take full responsibility for underwriting department to ensure acceptance of risk within the company, risk tolerance and adherence to company policies, relevant regulations and industry best practice. The Manager will provide leadership, support and guidance to the underwriting team and ensure that they achieve the goals, objectives and standards of the organization in order to meet customer satisfaction.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities for the position are as hereunder:
- Ensure that new risks accepted and/or renewed with the company are vetted to meet the basic quality standards.
- Periodically review and recommend to management changes in policy pricing, underwriting systems and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure optimal re-insurer cover, timely payment of reinsurance premiums and prompt reinsurance claims recovery.
- Ensure prompt risk surveys and valuations are conducted as per company policies and procedures and make recommendations on risk improvement.
- General supervision of underwriting and reinsurance staff
- Preparation of regular relevant management reports
- Ensure that all documentation in the underwriting department i.e. policy documents, endorsements, renewal notices etc. are correctly issued and dispatched to the intermediaries/insured/policyholders as applicable.
- Facilitate continuous underwriting staff training to create capacity.
- Management of motor certificates by ensuring underwriters maintain proper records.
Qualifications, Experience and Competences
Candidates are expected to have the following:-
- Possess at least 5 years of experience in underwriting management
- Demonstrated ability lead, manage, coordinate and supervise an underwriting team.
- Possess excellent risk management experience
- High level of integrity; Able to maintain utmost confidentiality of information in their possession
- Excellent analytical, communication, interpersonal, negotiation, reporting, and client relationship skills
- Flexible, self-driven and ability to work under pressure. Ability to work under strict deadlines
- University degree from an institution recognized by Commission for Higher Education Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Qualified in AIIK Diploma/CII Diploma
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1