Travel and housing stipends are paid separately in addition to the estimated weekly pay shown above. For detailed information about the travel and housing stipends, please speak to a recruiter about this position.
The Projected Weekly Pay is based on a travel nurse working the stated number of hours listed here during the week. The weekly pay a nurse receives is calculated by multiplying the nurse’s hourly rate of pay by the number of hours the nurse works and will include overtime premiums, paid at a minimum of 1.5x the nurse’s hourly rate, for all overtime hours worked.
Travel Respiratory Therapist Job
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated travel respiratory therapist to join our growing team of healthcare professionals.
Respiratory Therapist Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in Respiratory Therapy
- Current and Active state licensure; Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) or Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
- Minimum of 1 year of Respiratory Therapy experience within the past two years
- BLS or other required credentials as designated by health care organization.
Respiratory Therapist Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assess, treat, and care for patients with breathing disorders
- Assume primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities, which includes maximizing patient’s pulmonary function; alleviating pain; planning and administering medically prescribed respiratory therapy
- Meets patient’s goals and needs and provides quality care by conducting pulmonary function tests; assessing and interpreting evaluations and test results; determining respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by prescription.
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by administering inhalants; operating mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments; assisting with breathing exercises; monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by observing, noting, and evaluating patient’s progress; recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians, nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing to patient care conferences.
- Educates patients on disease prevention and lung health, on the use of inhalers, inhalation devices and other treatment regimen as appropriate.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
Benefits of Being a Fastaff® Travel Nursing Employee
- Premium pay
- Prestigious facilities
- Flexible scheduling
- Immediate access to the industry’s best RN recruiters and healthcare facilities
- Fastaff will provide costs for housing during the length of your assignment, as well as airfare or mileage to and from the city of the assignment at the start and end of the assignment.
- Group health insurance benefits
- $10,000 Company-paid Life/ADD Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1