We are looking for a TM Team Manager to join the traffic and highways team to work on the High Speed 2 Enabling works project based near Euston, London.
You will support the TM Lead to ensure all internal and external relationships related to highways operations are managed at a world-class level. Engagement within the CSjv team and with all of our stakeholders will be a pivotal part of the role.
The wider role will require you to manage the traffic side of the Highways team, ensuring contractor relationships are kept healthy to ensure the potential of the project/ contractor team thrives. Management of the team’s daily processes and systems will form a large part of your role, general support to the other team managers and supervisors will also be required on a regular basis.
Strong knowledge of temporary traffic management and street works will be key to the role, general awareness of the HS2 Act and the wider requirements under that Act in relation to temporary traffic management will be critical to the role.
- General Management of the Traffic Management Team to ensure the smooth running of the department its team members, ensuring the team operates with our core values at heart.
- Management of existing processes and procedures to help with the smooth running of the team – this is to include tasks such as: support to the TM Managers and supervisors on daily operations; management and support to contractors regarding operative requirements on a weekly basis; identify and report on any processes which could be improved or where an opportunity to improve efficiencies may be available; general support to the wider team on a daily basis.
- Implementation and oversight of department Target Risk Monitoring System (TRM).
- Help to identify and implement potential efficiencies where possible within the teams audit systems, online apps and paperless documentation.
- Investigate any non-compliance issues relating to temporary traffic management, whilst also keeping a general awareness of the projects wider core values and safety systems. Reporting and mitigations procedures to be implemented and closed out.
- Attend meetings to assist with site activities, project progress, programme coordination and other task related meetings where required.
- Oversite of the Traffic Management Contractors to ensure day-to-day operations are successful.
- Support TM Lead to ensure project compliance with related environmental minimum requirements.
- Work closely with the construction teams to maintain a dialogue internally and with our stakeholders to ensure that their needs are considered during the planning and delivery of various projects.
- Build solid relationships with key Stakeholders and Commitment Beneficiaries to ensure that we are able to maintain a time critical and cost sensitive project.
- Ensure that messaging from the project maintains a level of continuity to minimise confusion and build confidence
- Provide operational support to CSJV teams when required.
- Liaise with the Project team for the assessment of the impact of design and construction activities (e.g. ground movements) on 3rd Party assets and objectives, including development of instrumentation, monitoring and mitigation measures
- Identify the extent of the works required and ensure that all aspects of the design, construction, environment, planning, land and property issues will comply with our clients Assurance and Undertakings. Record evidence of compliance.
- Assist across the project to provide a clear vision of what highway and traffic related activities are in planning stages, planned and live.
- Ensure all parties are coordinated and aware of all surrounding works.
Qualifications and experience:
- Lantra 12D M7 – essential
- CSCS – essential
- Knowledge of the NRSWA and HS2 Act
- Good understanding of the TSRGD and TSM
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Able to meet moving deadlines and key dates
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1