- Haslingden, Rossendale, Lancashire, UK;
- Sunderland, UK.
From design through to connection, testing, commissioning and operations, our client provides a high quality solution as their partner of choice, offering professional engineering services 24/7, 365 days a year.
They pride themselves on being High voltage engineering specialists with many years of experience and expertise to offer.
Our clients’ portfolio of wind farms continues to expand as they work towards their goal of being the leading independent offshore high voltage service provider.
For this reason, they are seeking to grow their teams are therefore looking for a Tendering Coordinator to join them on a permanent basis.
You will be joining an ambitious organisation where creative thinking and innovation are encouraged, whilst ensuring continuous focus on quality in everything they do.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in taking the lead in defining and developing fully comprehensive tenders for their clients, with primary focus on their requirements.
They will possess strong technical and commercial awareness, with a keen attention to detail.
Responsible to: Business Development Director.
Responsible for: No direct line reporting responsibility.
Role Purpose: Role is to take responsibility and be accountable for the management, co-ordination, preparation, and submission of tender proposals, ensuring that these are technically accurate & commercially correct and submitted on time.
Main responsibilities of the role:
1.) Coordinate the tendering activities, both individually and collectively with other company employees, to ensure that their client’s requirements are met for the following services:
- High Voltage Asset Management.
- Fault Location and Repair.
- High Voltage Maintenance.
- High Voltage Control Room and Monitoring Services.
- High Voltage Safety Management.
- High Voltage Commissioning.
- Subsea Cable Specialist Testing Services.
- Engineering Consultancy.
- Termination and Testing Services.
2.) Fully review new tender invitations to assess their client’s technical, commercial and legal requirements.
3.) Facilitate a bid/no-bid meeting with all relevant internal stakeholders in order to determine and assess size and extent of the opportunity.
4.) Circulate rationale to all relevant personnel for the decision to bid or to decline.
5.) Fully understand the key tender requirements for each tender undertaken with close management of the deliverables list.
6.) Manage and coordinate the tender preparation, including liaising with internal stakeholders/customers/suppliers to obtain the information required to allow submission of the tender including but not limited to, total costs and overall margins.
7.) Follow the tender and proposal process and obtain necessary sign-offs at each stage and ensure the CRM system is fully managed to maintain the accuracy of information and to ensure a smooth transition from tendering into project execution.
8.) In addition to the above responsibilities, the role holder is required to undertake such duties and responsibilities as may reasonably be required from time to time.
To comply with all Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and procedures established by the company’s policies and in accordance with the requirements of relevant legislation and any regulatory bodies at all times.
To have read, understood and comply with the company Health and Safety manual, policies and procedures and to implement these, at all times, to ensure both your own safety and the safety of those who may be affected by your actions or omissions.
- Health, Safety & Environment.
- Quality & Innovation.
- Customer Focus.
- Ethics & Integrity.
- Making Good Decisions – Planning, organising, setting priorities and delegating.
- Managing Yourself – Operating discipline, attention to detail, driving change and being courageous.
- Working with Others – Motivation, development, influencing, communication and collaboration.
- Function and Technical – Technical competence and functional specific competence.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Qualifications
- High level of Understanding for both Services & Markets.
- Good Leadership Skills.
- Sound Commercial Knowledge.
- Valid Driving License.
- Valid Passport.
- Degree or HNC qualified in either a Business or an Engineering related subject.
- 5 years plus relevant experience in a Tendering or Commercial function in either Marine, Renewables.
- Previous knowledge of electrical systems.
- Previous knowledge of renewable industry.
- Basic level of understanding for related tasks (e.g. Installation and/or termination of Cable).
- Supply Chain Partners.
- Our client’s Leadership Group.
- BD Team.
- Projects Team.
- Contracts (Commercial).
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1