Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. We provide quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural trainings to improve harvests. We measure our success by our ability to make farmers more prosperous: On average, farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
We are growing quickly. We currently serve more than 800,000 farm families in Eastern and Southern Africa, with more than 7,500 full-time staff, and we aim to serve 1 million farm families by 2020.
We are looking for motivated leaders to join One Acre Fund’s Internal Consulting Team (ICT). ICT sharpens the organization’s strategy and supports other One Acre Fund teams at important junctures where additional analytical resources could have an meaningful impact. Above all we are looking for professionals who can effectively support teams across the organization on a variety of project types.
A sample of recent Internal Consulting Team work includes:
- Shaping One Acre Fund’s expansion strategy -To help the Kenya program hit its ambitious farmer growth targets, an analyst was challenged to develop a rigorous and scalable approach to expansion. The analyst embedded with the Kenya team for 3-6 months to implement the plan with field survey design, analysis, financial modeling, and a risk assessment. This model was then rolled out across all countries’ Field Operations teams, bringing OAF closer achieving its 2020 target of reaching one million farmers.
- Conducting a Kenya program health check-up – An analyst conducted a “health check-up” of our Kenya program to identify and resolve risks by examining management quality, hiring standards, and team culture and morale. The final prioritized list of takeaways and recommendations helped the Kenya leadership team increase the program’s overall efficiency and improve staff experience.
- Coordinating the Country Directors Working Group – Our Country Directors meet periodically in a working group that generates guidance for country programs and shares cross-country knowledge. An ICT analyst sets the working group’s agenda, structures topic discussions, and helps to connect the group to the organization’s goals.
- Connecting farmers to markets in Zambia – An ICT analyst is implementing a market access intervention to help provide more impact for farmers in Zambia. The project began with a comprehensive scan of market access interventions trialed by One Acre Fund and other organizations to develop a set of best practices and recommended designs. After selecting a design, the analyst worked with the Zambia team to implement the market access trial for maize and soybeans.
Analysts take full ownership of projects, from planning through execution and follow-up. They lead 1-3 projects at a time, manage at least one other team initiative, and are expected to tackle any type of project with a focus on solving the problem at hand. Experienced Analysts are sometimes also asked to take on direct management responsibilities for one of our Strategy Junior Analysts and help grow them into Analysts.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are looking for extraordinary professionals with 2+ years of experience who will help take One Acre Fund to the next levels of impact and scale. Candidates who fit the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Strong work experiences: We are looking for candidates with experience solving complex, ambiguous problems in a structured way (e.g., management consultants, research managers, business analysts).
- Leadership experience, particularly in roles that demonstrate relationship management and driving results.
- Bonus for previous work experience directly serving executive-level leadership.
- Professional/technical skills, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (can build and maintain complex spreadsheets). Experience with other professional programs (e.g. R, STATA, Access) is a plus
- Outstanding responsiveness to feedback. We firmly believe that ability to act on feedback is the fastest way to grow. As a team, we give and expect to receive open and frank feedback, both to our reports and to our managers.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Language: English fluency required; proficiency in any languages spoken in East Africa is a bonus
PREFERRED START DATE
East Africa capital city, with preference for Nairobi, Kenya. However, strong candidates could be based in Kigali, after an initial 3-6 month period in Nairobi.
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; East African applicants strongly encouraged to apply.
to apply https://oneacrefund.org/work-with-us/job-openings/g/?gh_jid=2138150
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1