Specialist – Environment
Contract (6 month minimum – recurring)
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the organization to facilitate:
- Environmental legal compliance through the delivery of sound technical advice
- Continual improvement for the HSE performance of the organisation.
- HSEQ Snr Manager
- Team Lead, Environment
- Asset HSE Advisors / HSEQ Team
- Production, Subsea, and Drilling & Completions, Supply chain
- Key Contractors
- HSE&A Department
- Cross Asset Safety/E-reps External:
- Marine Scotland,
- Step Change in Safety
- Professional Bodies
- Safety – Conducts all activities in a safe and effective manner and raises safety and environmental issues immediately and in line with corporate policy.
- Leadership – Undertakes the role in line with corporate policy and demonstrates behaviours in line with company values at all times. Readily accepts accountability and leads by example.
- Financial – Carries out duties in a way that maximises value and minimises waste and risk. Executes activities in support of the costed HSE Improvement Plans in a cost efficient manner.
- Support the company operations to ensure that all relevant environmental permit and consent applications are submitted to the regulator.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are communicated, understood and develop processes within the UK Management System to support asset compliance.
- Carry out or assist with offshore/onshore HSE audits/inspections, compile reports and ensure that actions are followed up as appropriate.
- Carry out or assist with incident investigations.
- Develop robust (cross asset) campaigns to ensure that relevant HSE issues are identified and materials prepared to facilitate communication to appropriate personnel or groups including elected Reps.
- Co-ordination of cross asset onshore independent verification or onshore regulatory inspection activities.
- Provide matrix support to the various projects being undertaken, supporting the exploration and business development team in Uxbridge.
- Participate in and provide expert advice in relation to the management of change (EMOC) system
Provide support to the asset based HSE Advisors in the form of;
- Cover or additional support to the asset HSE Advisor.
- Relevant environmental permit and consent applications or variations
- Participate in and provide expert advice in relation to HSE risk assessments, risk radars, and operational activities including turnarounds and workpacks.
- Compile/distribute/submit relevant HSE data including performance data.
- Regulatory inspections or investigations support including preparation, planning, collation of information, responses, action management and close out to the satisfaction of the regulator.
- Assist with the preparation of material in support of the regular meetings including BDMs, partner meetings, regulatory meetings.
- Attend and contribute to relevant team, departmental and company meetings
- Build positive relationships with key Regulatory Inspectors and Regulatory Managers and other regulators and external stakeholders.
- Develop, maintain and improve of the HSE management system, providing standardised processes across assets to ensure consistency.
- Collaboration – Collaborates with others in the team and looks for opportunities to leverage their network and work with others to develop safe, practical and effective solutions.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation – Continuously develops ways of working by seeking feedback from colleagues and key stakeholders. Complies with company project management disciplines, effectively utilises knowledge databases and actively participates in project reviews.
- Capability Development – Looks for opportunities to develop technical and personal skills both by formal learning interventions and work experience. Coaches team colleagues where appropriate and demonstrates a personal commitment to lifelong learning.
- People Processes – Engages with people processes in a positive and timely manner. Demonstrates a commitment to the spirit of such processes.
- Performs other duties, completes additional tasks and supports ad hoc projects as required.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
EXECUTION OF PLAN REQUIREMENTS
Performance measured against quarterly commitments made in the HSE plan.
MANAGEMENT SYSTEM AUDITS
• Performance measured against results of internal and external audit findings.
REGULATOR SUBMISSION AND RESPONSES
• Performance measured against the on time delivery of requirements to the regulators.
INCIDENT INVESTIGATION QUALITY SCORE
• Performance measured against the overall investigation quality score.
- Degree or equivalent (risk, science or environmental)
- Environmental Qualification (e.g. IEMA or equivalent.) (preferred)
- H&S Qualification (NEBOSH or MSc preferred)
- Offshore Survival Certificate.
- Offshore Medical.
- Training as defined in the training matrix
- Relevant experience working in the HSE field within the UK Oil & Gas industry.
- Excellent working knowledge of UK offshore HSE legislation.
- Working knowledge of EEMS and the Oil and Gas HSE portal
- Excellent communication, organisational and facilitation skills.
- Lead auditor, with audit experience and and/or qualifications
- IT literate – good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint software.
- Strong team player who is also capable of producing quality work on an individual basis.
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1