Reporting to Team Leader in Internal Medicine, the successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out clinical procedures and clinical management of in-patient and out-patient (applicable specialty area) patients in order to offer curative services in line with established protocols and the hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out initial patient assessment, treatment, stabilization and referrals in line with the patients’ condition in order to achieve optimal patient care;
- Carry out non-emergency and emergency procedures on patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant;
- Carry out ward rounds for daily clinical progress and management of patients in consultation with the Specialist and/or Consultant;
- Mentor medical officers in clinical procedures to impart knowledge and improve patient care;
- Participate in continuous medical evaluations to sharpen medical knowledge and skills in area of specialization;
- Pursue mentorship opportunities in applicable specialty area under a specialist or consultant in compliance with the specialist recognition requirements;
- Participate in patient reviews in outpatient clinics as and when required;
- Participate in research activities in applicable specialty area in line with set objectives;
- Participate in the development and/or review of protocols in applicable specialty area to enhance clinical management;
- Ensure high levels of patient confidentiality and work ethic in line with applicable code of conduct and hospital objectives; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Medicine degree in applicable area of specialization as applicable from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery degree from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council and hold a valid practicing license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ pre-qualification experience as a medical officer.
- Basic Life Support Certificate.
- Advanced Trauma Life Support Certificate.
Technical & Behavioral competencies
- Emergent lifesaving skills
- Recognition and assessment of patient’s and ability to intervene as required
- Ability to carry out emergent and non-emergent procedures including IV cannulation, dialysis cathetization and emergency intubation among others
- Patient care skills
- Effective decision-making and judgement skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure
- Drive and openness to learning
- Time management skills
- Analytical skills
- Research skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Team working skills
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1