Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Legal Counsel – ContractorThe Mastercard Data and Services business group is the professional services arm offering a wide range of services, including payment-focused consulting, platform-based solutions, information and outsourcing assistance, and delivering customized solutions to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
Under the direction of the Data and Services Senior Managing Counsel, this position will provide legal support for the business unit within the Middle East and African markets.
Specifically, responsibilities will include:
• Structuring, drafting, and negotiating consulting agreements, marketing and promotional campaign agreements as well as other information solutions agreements relating to the media, merchant and payments industry
• Partnering with subject matter experts in data protection/privacy, product, emerging payments and other stakeholder teams to ensure product constructs and commercial agreements are consistent with corporate strategy, internal policies and procedures and applicable laws and regulations
• Advising management teams on the identification and analysis of complex legal issues and commercial risks.
• Significant contact with the business clients on a daily basis with respect to transactional issues as well as other strategic issues which the global business teams’ face and which have a significant impact on Mastercard’s operations, strategies and financial performance
All About You
• Must have strong drafting and negotiations skills with the ability to manage complex issues and deal structures.
• A collaborative team player, but able to work independently and multi-task effectively in a high-turnover, fast-paced environment.
• Excellent organizational, project management, client communication and multi-tasking skills.
• Must be able to work independently and demonstrate effective leadership and negotiation skills.
• Must be able to work on highly complex legal issues of significant strategic importance and financial impact to Mastercard on tight turnaround times.
• Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and staff, work cross-culturally, excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities, and solid complex commercial transactions experience.
• In-house experience of an organization of comparable size and complexity a big plus as is experience with data protection/privacy.
• Approximately 5 years’ post qualification experience (PQE) at a reputable law firm, or global in-house legal team with banking, or payment industry experience, preferred.
• Multiple jurisdiction experience desirable.Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1