Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of priceless We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Counsel Privacy and Data ProtectionOverview
• Mastercard is committed to balancing innovation while protecting individual privacy and has embraced privacy and data protection as core to the successful execution of its business strategy. As part of that commitment Mastercard has established a world-class privacy program and is currently adding talent to its global team.
• The Senior Counsel will be responsible for ensuring compliance of Mastercard products and services with European privacy & data-related laws, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), with particular emphasis on Cyber & Intelligence Solutions and emerging technologies, such as biometrics, artificial intelligence and identification technologies.
• The position will report to the EEA Data Protection Officer, Senior Managing Counsel – Privacy & Data Protection, and will be a member of the Global Privacy & Data Protection team.
• The ideal candidate will have the ability to think and act both strategically and tactically with respect to the needs of business clients and their objectives while ensuring that the corporation remains compliant with privacy & data-related laws, as well as industry best practices.
• The Senior counsel must be abreast of innovative technologies related to payment services and cyber security.
• Ensure alignment and compliance of Cyber & Intelligence Solutions with Mastercard’s policies, procedures and processes and with European privacy & data-related laws, including biometric laws, authentication and identification regulations, cyber security laws and data localization requirements.
• Identify business and technical infrastructure requirements and controls to enable privacy compliance; work with business and technical teams to assist implementation while enabling business innovation.
• Enable the development of innovative Cyber & Intelligence Solutions through Privacy by Design methodology; ensure appropriate documentation in accordance with GDPR accountability requirements; conduct Data Protection Impact Assessments as needed.
• Develop contract structures, review contracts and and manage complex negotiations with customers, partners and vendors, to ensure privacy compliance as well as to secure data use rights.
• Be involved with new privacy & data-related regulatory developments that may impact Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, including in the area of digital identity, biometrics, authentication, cyber security and artificial intelligence. Assist with engagement with key policy makers and stakeholders to influence regulatory developments in those areas.
• Engage with the organization on privacy and data-related matters, e.g. through employee training and through raising employee awareness about new regulatory or industry developments.
• Provide regular trainings and updates about emerging technologies, as well as Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, to the Global Privacy and Data Protection Team and the creative approaches to ensure privacy compliance.
All About You
• Law degree required. Membership to a Bar (if permitted by law). Any additional qualifications (e.g. Master of Laws degree) considered an asset
• Expertise in and track record dealing with European privacy and data-related regulatory frameworks, in particular regarding authentication and identification, fraud, cyber and security
• Solid knowledge of GDPR and ePrivacy Directive
• Knowledge of emerging technologies, including biometrics, artificial intelligence and identification technologies
• Familiarity with financial services industry and payment processing
• Superior time management, planning, and organizational skills
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings
• Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled professionals to achieve major organizational goals
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1