Long Term Contract
Reading then on to France
• The Quantity Surveying function provides the support to the Commercial Manager and wider personnel outside of the Commercial Function with a full range of pre and post contract quantity surveying services.
• The candidate will be required to develop a close working relationship with the project managers, site teams, project accountants and project control managers, sales and Clients; representatives and should be able to demonstrate suitable technical qualities for the role.
• The role will provide the opportunity for the engagement on multiple projects from tender preparation and negotiation right through to contract completion.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Work with the Commercial Manager in ensuring consistency and best practice ways of working across the business unit to achieve continuous improvement.
• Coach respective Operational personnel in relation to the Contract, Contract Administration, Contract Risk, Procurement, Cost and Value Reconciliation, Forecasting and Contract Profitability.
• Review, understand and communicate Contract requirements to the Delivery Team.
• Work with the Project Controls Manager in the production of the monthly project cost reports.
• Prepare monthly financial cost reports and cash flow forecasts throughout the period of a contract.
• Ensure effective change control process and management of, is embedded within the relevant projects you are responsible for.
• Ensure Sub-Contract arrangements are put in place when required using the NEC suite of Contract Documents, either Short or Full Forms of Contract or other forms to suite the main contract and as agreed with Commercial Manager.
• Ensure correct administrative processes are put in place for management of these Sub-Contracts paying attention to change controls, early warning, compensation events, changes to scope of works and payment.
• Support the Project Manager in resolving commercial issues with the Client and implement strategies to avoid litigation/claims.
• Proactively support the Project Review Process and attend the Operational Performance Review (OPR).
• Submit cost reports for review by the Commercial Manager, to enable the utilisation of the data for cost forecasts, revenue and gross margin assumptions/submissions.
• Ensure correct levels of authority are applied to SMRs for the procurement of goods, services, consumables and sub-contracts.
• Work with Project Managers to implement, analyse and report on labour productivity i.e. Planned v Earned Value, in line with man hours to complete
• Manage subcontracts from initial placement of order to final account including close liaison with procurement, planning and delivery teams to ensure that the order meets project requirements.
• Prepare and agree interim subcontractor applications for payment
• Maintain effective, accurate cost control.
• Ability to own and manage Target Contracts.
Educational Professional Qualifications Required
• Degree educated in Quantity Surveying or other relevant qualification.
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience of working for Tier 1 Contractor
• Working knowledge of applicable industry standard forms of contract, typically NEC.
• Pre and post contract knowledge.
• Experience of cost forecasting and reporting, cost control, cost risk management, contract documentation preparation, contract administration.
• Good general commercial awareness.
• Able to act on own initiative.
• Nuclear Industry experience
• Experience of working for a Contracting organisation.
• Working knowledge of Cemar
• Understanding of MS Project / Primavera
• Security Cleared
• Working knowledge of project controls software
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1