Location: Casselberry, FL
Department: Quality Assurance
Reports to: Credentialing & QA Manager
Summary of Position Role/Responsibilities
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for the preparation and management of all QA document requirements essential for deployment of international healthcare professionals (HCPs), and of the maintenance of such requirements throughout their contract term. This role is to ensure that the preparation of all requirements meet the Joint Commission Accreditation agency’s guidelines.
Essential Functions of the Job
- Manage and ensure all required QA documents are received in a timely manner prior to HCP deployment
- Gather and scan all required documents and update the appropriate databases
- Review and evaluate HCP’s QA records for accuracy and completion prior to commencement of contract and ensure they are up to date through their contract term
- Ensure expiry dates are in place and requirements are updated to meet the timelines – including annual renewals and expirations
- Ensure QA packets are client specific and provided in a timely manner to Client Services prior to the HCP’s contract start date
- Follow up on missing documents to complete candidate files in the required timeframe
- Coordinate with the Clinical department to ensure clinical competencies and HCP evaluations are completed to meet compliance requirements upon clinical transitions program completion
- Responsible for reviewing QA requirements for new client contracts including specific client and state requirements to ensure compliance
- Coordinate file audits for Joint Commission as needed
- Monitor unusual occurrences, report follow-up procedures, and report monthly and year-to-date comparisons to ensure Joint Commission compliance
- Coordinate laboratory requirements for HCP’s including chain of custody forms and management of cost containment
- Document and report on any areas, process or procedures that may need improvement to increase efficiency within the department
- Educate and inform sales and marketing, client services-placement, and any other relevant teams regarding specific client, and state, requirements
- Direct telephonic and e-mail communication with HCP’s and clients as needed
- Coordinate with Avant overseas offices in regard to securing document requirements
- Collaborate with other departments and attend relevant meetings as necessary
Marginal Functions of the Job
- Other duties as assigned
Normal Work Schedule
- This is a full-time position, and core hours of work and days are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Preferred Associate Degree and a minimum of 1-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent computer skills with Microsoft office (excel, outlook, word), adobe products and data-entry software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and work in a team environment
Required Licenses, Certifications, and Other Specific Requirements of Law
- Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) certification
Other Characteristics of the Position
- Physical Demands:
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs.
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Mental Demands:
- Must understand and follow a set of clear oral and/or written procedures without deviation
- Performs repetitive routine tasks
- Withstand moderate amounts of stress
- Must adhere to a provided work schedule to meet a set of qualitative production standards
- Perform tasks that vary little from day to day
- Implements others’ decisions/procedures with little judgment required
- Must relay information orally
- Work Environment:
- This job operates in a professional office environment.
- This role routinely operates standard office equipment.
- Minimal travel required.
- Internal: Daily contact with professional staff members, and contracted field staff.
- External: Regular contact with vendors.
Statement of Responsibility for Confidential Data
- Has access to, and requires daily use of, confidential records.
- Required by federal law to maintain strict confidentiality of “Avant” employee information and maintain security of such information.
- Proprietary Information and Non-Conflict Agreement required.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1