Contract – 6 months+
Our client is currently looking for a skilled Project Engineer to work on a Contract basis within the reading area.
• Ensure safe and responsible working and full compliance with Company and Client Safety procedures
• Ensures compliance with the latest CDM regulations, champion “hazards removed by design” and, where appropriate, act as the Principal Designer.
• Ensure Safety, Health & Environmental protection are inherent in the engineering designs produced
• Coordinate engineering discipline functions and ensure inter-discipline and wider design reviews are coordinated and completed
• Ensure constructability of design by ensuring relevant reviews are held with the stakeholders
• Ensure that engineering and designs are completed in full compliance with legislative, BUK and client regulations and standards
• Manage the technical queries and requests for information with the clients
• Coordinate and manage all third party approvals of engineering and design packs
• Coordinate and manage formal process safety assessments (HAZID, HAZOP, SWDS etc.)
• Ensures that queries from the construction team and others are handled efficiently, in a timely manner.
• Attend and contribute to constructability and hazard identification (HAZCON) reviews
• Coordinate the provision of design and engineering support during fabrication and construction activities
• Coordinate and collate as-built information and complete all necessary information for the final handover databooks
• Provide design cost estimates and programmes to the estimating team and/or Project manager.
• Responsible for successful delivery of all engineering and design projects to meet Clients technical standards, on time and on budget
• In liaison with the Project Control department, prepares and maintains project control documentation including project schedules, budgets, cost monitoring and reporting, risk and change management.
• Prepare and present regular progress reports for engineering and design
• Support procurement activities in projects, taking the lead on procurement of technical equipment and supporting installation subcontract activities (approved data sheets, organising and attending FATs etc.)
• Manage the technical queries and requests for information with the original equipment manufacturers
• Liaise closely with project logistics and construction management to ensure equipment deliveries are coordinated
• Act as a discipline engineer in home discipline when required/appropriate
• At least 5 years-experience of managing engineering design of multiple projects within an applicable sector
• Sound engineering background
• Experience of delivery of engineering projects on operational/brownfield sites
• Good knowledge of relevant regulations, e.g. ATEX/DSEAR, CDM, PED/PER etc.
• HND or Degree in relevant Engineering discipline (Essential)
• Formal Project Management training from Association of Project Managers (APM) or similar (preferred)
• Chartered or Incorporated Engineer (Preferred)
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Radio field Option 1
- Dropdown field Option 1