Swine Operations Director
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- 10+ years working and managing large scale swine production operations – Wean to Finish and Nursery to Finish focus
- Demonstrates the ability to interact effectively with production partners and supervise/motivate field staff
- Has a self-motivating personality as well as team-building skills
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
- Excellent record keeping and technical skill sets
- Possess the ability to hold people accountable
- Follow all established personnel and safety policies and procedures.
- Establish, modify, uphold all production guidelines with production partners and employees as established in company production manual.
- Uphold and enforce all contracts with production partners.
- Directly supervise employees as assigned by VP of Feed & Livestock.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws including: interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Planning, assigning, and directing work. Evaluating performance, disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for the complete training of new production partners in accordance with established production parameters.
- Review reports of wean to market performance to ascertain costs and plan operating changes to the VP of Feed & Livestock.
- Continue to seek on-going training and education opportunities as directed by supervisor.
- Can communicate in a professional manner to the production partners, employees and manager.
Work Environment: The nature of the business requires extended hours. While performing the duties of the job, the employee often works inside the swine confinement building and may work with exposure to fumes or airborne particles. Noise level in work area is usually loud.
Physical Demands: The physical demands include lifting objects up to 50 pounds.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1