Reporting to the Data Editor, the job holder will be responsible for setting up and coordinating a newsroom data warehouse to support stories and new projects. He/She will work with Online Editors, Web Producers and Online Video Producers to determine the best ways to promote journalism in the digital space, including data and in-depth storytelling.
The News Data Scientist must have strong data production skills, technical know-how needed for interrogating and applying data to current affairs issues, and the smart skills needed to conceive, structure, build and maintain a robust warehouse to serve multiple newsrooms. He or she will need a solid understanding of social media, internet culture, web analytics and the digital space. He/She will be required to do journalism in a manner that conforms to the NMG Editorial Policy and Guidelines for this dynamic audience.
• Set up and maintain a newsroom warehouse configured to support both day-to-day stories and complex news projects;
• Coordinate a data production workflow considering a multidisciplinary team of providers and a mix of customers on short deadlines;
• Draw content insights and infuse this into the newsroom workflows through regular editorial meetings and dashboards;
• Participate in content generation across categories and sites;
• Develop systems to support Nation’s data journalism.
• Postgraduate qualifications in statistics;
• Evidence of 2-3 years of data production experience;
• Working knowledge of SEO and digital best practices;
• Ability to write and edit, conduct research and interpret data.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1