We are seeking to employ a Business Manager to drive the growth of this operation from start-up.
- Overall responsibility for the running of this new venture – including responsibility for the P&L bottom line.
- Main focus of role will be:
- Delivering a first-class service to brewery & distillery suppliers – typically by-products are collected on a daily basis and some variability in supply should be anticipated.
- Developing an expanding network of farmer customers by delivering value and exceptional customer service.
- Have an absolute commitment to quality and meeting service level agreements and offtake / delivery commitments.
- Day-to-day management of the operations – including liaising with office & field staff, suppliers, third party haulers and contractors and farmer customers.
- Develop the business from start-up. Appropriate job specific training will be given before commencement – including visiting the operations in Ireland.
- Liaise with suppliers on production schedules and anticipated offtake volumes and have contingencies in place to manage variations.
- Develop a network of farmer customers for the products – ensuring that sufficient capacity is identified to handle anticipated offtake volumes.
- Develop a pricing model that appropriately balances the needs of suppliers, farmers and the business.
- Agree contracts with suppliers, haulers and other contractors including service level agreements, commercial and payment terms and proactively manage compliance with agreed commitments.
- Develop close links with third party stakeholders including USDA, farm advisors, farming media etc.
- Promote the image of the business through trade shows, social media and farmer events.
- Closely monitor customer accounts and cash collection and ensure payment terms are respected.
- Ensure that appropriate controls and reporting systems are in place – keep senior management informed of business progress, potential issues etc.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- 8+ years business experience in a management role.
- Commercial acumen and an ability to deliver on agreed budgets.
- Experience of succeeding in a fast paced, challenging and exciting business environment.
- An ambition to drive the business forward through enhancing our reputation and presence in the market.
- A problem-solving approach – anticipate issues, find acceptable work arounds to unexpected challenges etc.
- Experience of operating in a regulated business – including compliance with quality standards, SLAs and internal controls and reporting systems.
- Experience of and familiarity with agriculture would be a distinct advantage and, ideally, have a developed network of contacts within the farming sector.
*Candidates must be eligible to work in the US as well as meet the qualifications listed above in order to be considered for the New Business General Manager job.
- Salary Offer $50.000 ~ $100.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1