MEDICAL PHYSICIST :REF/TNH/MP/03/20
Reporting to the Lead Radiotherapist, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Manage and treat diseases in patients by administering radiation treatments.
- Computerized treatment planning and dose calculations.
- Treatment delivery.
- Preparing appropriate moulds for patient therapy.
- Implementing, managing dosimetry, and beam delivery aspects.
- Brachytherapy planning.
- Provide assurance of accurate delivery of prescribed radiation doses and associated risks.
- Patient education and counselling.
- Ensure safety radiation protection of patient and other staff members within the department.
- Developing and implementing protocols of care.
- Quality Assurance tests of radiotherapy equipment to ensure compliance with quality standards, radiation safety and security policies.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BSc (Honours) in Medical Physics
- Sc. in Physics /Medical Physics will be an added advantage.
- Registered member of a recognized Medical Physics Association & eligible for licensing from the Kenya Radiation Protection Board.
- Proof of clinical training in Medical Physics
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Medical Physicist.
- Experience in brachytherapy treatment is preferred.
- In-depth understanding of Radiation Dosimetry
- Proficiency in VMAT/IMRT treatment planning
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1