Mechanical Design Engineer
Contract 18-24 months
Our client is looking for a dynamic Mechanical Design Engineer to work on a contact basis in Culham.
Design Remote Handling equipment for fusion and non-fusion applications in challenging environments according to established project methodology. This will involve understanding and clarifying customer specifications, designing creative solutions to new problems, and taking technical accountability for projects to agreed time, quality and cost.
• Creation and design of effective remote handling mechanical robotic devices and tooling from concept through systems specifications to detail designs
• Supervision of engineers and draughtsman to maintain high design standards and integrate design work
• Coaching engineers in their career progression.
• Liaison with customers to report of project progress and to agree priorities
• Drive and complete complex design activities within allotted time and with high efficiency, and ensuring designs are compliant with correct design files.
• Lead and manage the maintenance, diagnosis and repair of existing UKAEA and JET systems.
• Managing the acceptance, testing and commissioning of complex remote systems
• Accountable for line management of a section of mechanical engineers including professional, technical and performance issues.
• Experience in designing complex electro/mechanical devices
• Experience in managing designs and design teams
• Experience in design substantiation analysis using hand calculation or finite element techniques
• Competent in generating technical documents and specifications
• Ability to work as part of a larger team or group
• Engineering council recognised mechanical engineering degree or equivalent experience
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1
- Checkbox field Option 2