We are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer to work on a contract basis for our well established nuclear client. This role would suit Mechanical Engineer with experience in new lines of manufacturing.
Responsibilities / Experience required:
• Established relationships with SMEs
• Establish knowledge of SL manufacturing projects and knowledge of the SL systems
• Capable of making sound decisions based on available information protecting the interests of SL and the Programme
• Understand the significance of the project, the safety implications and the application of ALARP principles in their decision making
• Good communication skills to negotiate responses and manage interfaces between internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
• The ability to understand and translate the complex issues to differing audiences
• Understanding of manufacturing issues for a volume product
• Understanding of Geometric Product Specification (ISO GPS) (BS 8888, 8015 etc.) and its application
• Understanding of modern manufacturing processes incl. machining, welding and metrology
• Understanding of stainless materials, ideally duplex materials.
• Ability to travel to Metalcraft near Chatteris, March (Cambridgeshire) on a weekly basis
• Ability to travel to Darchem and its suppliers in north east England on a weekly basis
• Ability to travel to Warrington where the Sellafield Design team is based.
• Content with a short term role – estimated at 6 to 12 months
• Able to take responsibility for delivery of mechanical work package to programme, budget and required quality.
• Effective utilisation of mechanical design resources required to support the Project Mangers in meeting their Project programme work packages and provide reporting information to the Project Manager.
• Ensure appropriate engineering standards are used and that engineering solutions are fit for purpose and achievable.
• Is up to date with the latest technology and has the ability to specify proprietary equipment for use in bespoke design systems.
• Has knowledge of common engineering materials.
• Has working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by Legislation. (And applicable Directives).
• Has working experience in CE marking process and specifically contents of Technical File.
• Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
• Has working knowledge of AutoCAD
• Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
• Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
• Ideally will have some ‘hands on’ experience.
• Good knowledge of Geometric tolerancing, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
• Good working knowledge of commonly used materials and standards.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Radio field Option 1
- Dropdown field Option 1