The Purpose of the role is as follows:
To define and execute strategic client plans that will ensure the development of strong business relationships and the delivery of profitable and integrated Standard Bank products and services, with the purpose of ensuring client profitability, increased revenue, risk optimisation and consistent service delivery.
The Key responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Lead the development and execution of strategic client plans (together with the core CST) and manage and drive the implementation of client plans.
- Continuously research and analyse the clients’ business context, operations and financial performance.
- Identify individuals best suited to meet the client’s needs across products to form part of the core Client Service Teams (CSTs) (i.e. based on client opportunity and to be reviewed regularly).
- Manage Client Relationship Teams across relevant geographies (when applicable) by ensuring that individuals are clear on their contribution and expected outcomes.
- Leverage, engage and collaborate with the Bank’s internal network to ensure that all the Bank’s relevant expertise is brought to bear in every client interaction, robust and stable client service (in partnership with business lines) is maintained, client results are delivered and that any impediments to client delivery are overcome through the availability of credible internal resources to build and leverage strong long-term relationships with the client’s key decision makers.
- Regularly communicate client strategic opportunities to the extended CST, and lead effective communication sharing within the CST.
- Develop critical relationships with client decision makers and regularly define and communicate commercial opportunities for new and existing clients of SB.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the client’s strategy, business, financial performance, industry outlook/trends, specific sector knowledge and general macroeconomic issues and trends in the country and other relevant geographies and ensure that this is transferred to the relevant internal stakeholders.
- Support the Global and / or Sector Head in the overall management and coordination of the client relationship and client/sector strategy including the provision of input into the strategic direction and value proposition of Standard Bank.
- Maintain detailed and current understanding of external markets (at country, sector and client level) to ensure that new opportunities for the bank are capitalised and threats are quickly identified.
- Manage overall client cost and revenue including the monthly tracking of revenue contributions per client as well as the understanding of key drivers and variances to proactively respond to threats of reducing opportunity.
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of products, services and capabilities across the bank (in all relevant geographies and sectors) to ensure relevant and informed client conversations.
- Conduct portfolio ROE (vs. prior year and budget) analysis, Cross Sell Ratio for portfolios, portfolio credit losses and write-offs, pro-active portfolio management resulting in zero losses in the portfolio (including excess management and facility compliance), portfolio actual revenue and net profit growth analysis and pro-active management of the portfolio pipeline and activities using the appropriate tools.
- Conduct set routine activities such as, produce monthly reporting, reviewing of pricing, interests rates, etc.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
The preferred qualification and experience are as per below:
- Undergraduate Degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or other relevant degree or NQF equivalent.
- Other relevant qualifications including post graduate qualifications such as an MBA is considered an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the client service environment.
- An additional 3 years within the credit or product environment is considered an advantage.
The role requires an individual who has the capability to perform the below:
- Discuss current and future business opportunities with clients, and therefore position Standard Bank as a strategic advisor.
- Broad and effective client stakeholder relationship management, coordination and monitoring across each client contact point.
- Personally maintain and deepen client relationships at the appropriate level and foster long-term client interest.
- Deep understanding of the industry’s market environment and opportunities and continuous assessment of competitor landscapes, threats and commercial opportunities for the client.
- Proactive portfolio management, business origination and development within the Portfolio and effective timeous management of the portfolio deal pipeline.
Professional Qualification Required
to apply : https://careers.standardbank.com/standimg/Careers/SearchResult.html
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1