The role is for someone who has experience in iOS/Swift development, and gets excited about building high performing, scalable, consumer applications. We believe in end to end ownership of projects. For any given project, we have one person on point. While they don’t necessarily have to do all the work themselves, it’s their job to make sure all the work gets done. We launch betas and prototypes as early as we can this helps ensure that we’re building what users actually want. We have a sticky notes wall and release a few times a week. We keep the team
in sync with daily stand ups and have a retrospective once a month to discuss things that are going well and opportunities for improvements. Although we have strong opinions, we’re never afraid to try to new things to see if they work and reconsider our positions if the situation warrants it.
About the Role
● Your first project involves working with two other engineers on our core iOS client. On a daily basis, you’ll work on documentation, new endpoints, performance optimization and, of course, test cases.
● You’ll be working with product people. Your leaders are technical and committed to
creating a magical experience for customers. You’ll deploy excellent work that moves the needle for businesses around the world.
● We’ll surround you with people that love little details and bring out your best.
● You became an engineer because you like writing software that helps people.
● You have a history of working on iOS/Swift projects at scale and can bring a high level of expertise to the business.
● Your code is not only a pleasure for customers to use, but for other engineers to read
and understand easily.
● A big part of being great at your job revolves around being very organized and
communicative. It’s clear from your experience that you have those characteristics.
● Health & dental/optical we cover your health/dental/optical and maternity insurance
● Flexible vacation take time off when you need it, we trust you
● Great tools each engineer needs a Mac laptop and a killer internet connection, so we’ll get you what you need
● Professional development everyone gets a stipend they can use to become better at
● All Risk Insurance on any personal items which you choose to use for work valued
over 15,000kes each aka Computer, Tablet, and/or Phone.
● Links to any apps you’ve released in any App Store or libraries/projects you’ve written.
● Links to online profiles you use (GitHub, Twitter, etc).
● A description of your work history (whether as a resume, LinkedIn profile, or prose).
● Your favorite Cocoa/Cocoa Touch framework and an explanation of why you like it.
MORE ON SENDY
Sendy is a crowd sourced courier marketplace. We tackle last mile, on demand, and hyper local deliveries in Kenya. Sendy provides an app and web platform that enables individuals and businesses to connect with Riders and Drivers and request on demand or scheduled courier services at anytime, any day, 24/7. To support our mission, we crowd source vehicles and their
drivers (boda bodas, vans and pickup trucks). We’re a customer driven company and always will be. Everything follows the customer experience, no exceptions.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1