Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
The Aga Khan University, Department of Haematology-Oncology invites applications for the position of an Oncology Faculty/ Internist in Palliative Care.
Reporting to the Chair of the department, the Internist in Palliative Care will take the lead in the establishment of the Section of Palliative Care, Survivorship and Hospice within the department of Haematology-Oncology with a focus on Patient care and Research.
Successful applicants will join a growing and dynamic department committed to advancing best practice in their discipline, expanding services that meet quality and patient service needs within an internationally accredited university hospital with outstanding diagnostic services. Successful applicants will develop their academic career in teaching and research. In education there is a focus on resident training and the development of fellowship programmes and planned introduction of undergraduate training.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Masters degree/Specialty Training in Internal Medicine/ Family Medicine or equivalent
- Specialty trained Oncologist with relevant Board registration/ eligible for such board registration or board-certified Generalist (Internal Medicine / Family Medicine) with a focused practice in oncology
- Education and training in the management of palliative patients, including palliative and hospice care in the context of patients with cancer
- S/he must be registered or eligible for registration with Kenya Medical Practitioners’ & Dentists Council as a specialist.
- Training/ experience in cancer survivorship; Interest and training in the area of women’s cancer and training in public health / epidemiology would be added advantages
- The ideal candidate should have excellent interpersonal/communication skills and demonstrated Administrative leadership, training & experience in leading a multi-disciplinary team.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1