Reporting to the Director Human Resources and Operations, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing delivery of quality and efficient catering, laundry and administration services in the Hospital in line with the established guidelines and standards as well as the Hospital’s strategic objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the development of the operations functional strategy in line with the Hospital’s overall strategy;
- Demonstrate ownership of and communicate the Operations strategic direction and objectives to all staff;
- Prepare the Operations annual business plans to ensure delivery of the Hospital’s strategic imperatives and make periodic adjustments as required;
- Develop and ensure implementation of leading practice strategies in catering. Laundry and administration in line with the overall corporate strategy;
- Develop and ensure implementation of the robust catering, laundry & administration policies and procedures in accordance with the Hospital’s core values, best practices and the Kenyan Labour Laws;
- Continually review and assess the effectiveness and efficiency of the Hospital’s catering, laundry & administration policies, procedures and processes and identify improvement opportunities;
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary catering, laundry & administration practices; Guide, coach and equip line managers with skills and knowledge to enable them address diverse people related issues within their functions;
- Continuously conduct risk assessment and analysis of operations issues and advise the Director HR & Operations on the same;
- Oversee delivery of efficient and cost-effective laundry services in order to ensure provision of clean, safe and high-quality linen care in line with the Hospital’s objectives;
- Oversee the Hospital’s catering services to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient food production and service in the hospital’s kitchen and staff canteen in line with established infection control, hygiene standards and quality management systems.
- Oversee management of the Hospital’s fleet of motor vehicles and all outsourced services in the Hospital including taxi, pottering, waste management, fumigation and pest control, gardening, drinking water and courier services in order to ensure efficient service delivery and value for money;
- Prepare the operations budget and monitor its implementation upon approval;
- Identify, deploy and motivate the operations team including performance appraisal, identification of training needs, mentorship and coaching as well as leave and absence management in line with the hospital’s people agenda; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management or any other related fields from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or any other business related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in operations or administration preferably in the hospitality or health care sector with 5 years at management level.
- Knowledge of best and current practices and approaches in operations management.
- Broad knowledge and experience in leading practices in catering, laundry & administration
- Good knowledge of core hospital management processes will be an added advantage.
- Experience in managing multi-layer outsourced services by 3rd parties.
- Good understanding of HACCP.
- Commercial savviness.
- Ability to integrate critical information from diverse areas.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Analytical and creative thinking skills.
- Project management skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills.
- Strong business acumen / commercial orientation.
- Relationship management skills (internal and external customers).
- Communication and interpersonal skills including facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders.
- Strong execution skills.
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1