Our client a civil engineering contractor requires a General Foreman to join their team on a permanent basis.
There work covers the South East region and is the whole of the M25, Surrey, East & West Sussex and Kent.
They also undertake works outside of these areas, at present they have schemes in Hampshire and Hertfordshire.
The value of schemes varies from £20k to £10m which include but are not limited to S 278 works, highway works, geotechnical projects, pinch point/junction upgrades, SI works, filterdrain & balancing pond improvement, bridges replacements & new builds, fuel depot improvements and everything in-between.
Supervision and coordination of site personnel and subcontractors, the reporting of all relevant site activities and managing the quality of work performed.
Health, Safety and Environmental Management
• Work to the safe system of work
• Identify unmanaged risks
• Taking immediate action to resolve or report risks
• Seek out and report near misses
• Oversee the delivery of timely tool box talks and daily task briefings – ensure they are taking place effectively and thoroughly.
• Carry out method statement briefings
• Drive personal ownership for Health & Safety and Environmental aspects.
• Oversee the daily programming of all site works in accordance with Company practice and procedures.
• Regularly plan and review overalls status of project(s) with contracts manager and site engineer.
• Promptly correct or report problems and defects
• Monitor/Control material usage/wastage
• Meet specifications and ensure all statutory requirements are adhered to on site at all times.
• Meet output targets
Do the job right
• Has the appropriate technical knowledge – prior to commencement of site works gain an understanding of the relevant project specifications and drawings.
• Look to finish the job rather than leave
• Get it right first time – monitor all works against specifications to ensure continuing quality and accuracy of work performed.
• Ensure and oversee that the site is tidy through and after work.
Plant and Equipment Management
• Look after and account for allocated equipment
• Ensure vehicles and equipment are being kept clean and tidy.
• Ensure equipment is used and maintained correctly.
• Promptly rectify or report defects.
• Maintain accurate and appropriate records
• Record/report changes in scope of work
• Order materials in a timely way
• Ensure plant is fuelled
• Complete and promptly return end of shift reports
• Accurately collect/complete and return promptly all receipts. GRNs, tickets etc.
Customer Liaison (internal and external and the public)
• Be seen as a proud and effective person and team
• Be recognised as an effective communicator
• Develop and maintain great relationships
• Encourage and act on feedback
• Resolve and/or report complaints
People Leadership & Management
• Sets an example
• Manages and drives team performance
• Manages Individual Performance
• Trains and develops individuals and the team
• Supports Works Manager with HR or training duties
• Is an inspiring leader and manager
• Takes personal responsibility
• Is an H, S & E leader
• Able to manage change
• Flexible and responsive
• Effective problem solver
Key qualifications and Accreditations
CSCS – Gold card
NVQ 3 or 4
First Aid – Emergency at a minimum
$10.000 ~ $20.000
Total Years Experience