Sendy is a crowdsourced courier marketplace tackling last mile, ondemand, and hyperlocal
deliveries in Kenya. Sendy provides an app and web platform that enables individuals and
businesses to connect with Riders and Drivers and request ondemand or scheduled courier
services at anytime, any day, 24/7. To support our mission, we crowdsource vehicles and their
drivers (boda bodas, vans and pickup trucks, 3ton trucks), extensively vet and train our drivers,
and then connect them to our GPS enabled tracking and dispatching system.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are looking for some stellar Graduate Student Fellows to help us strategize the expansion of
our business. Currently we manage over 500 business clients and thousands of individual users
and we’re excited to be pushing forward into new product channels and regions. We are looking
to bring on board Summer Graduate Fellows to help us move into this next stage of growth.
Help us strategize which cities / countries to expand to next. You should have killer analytical
skills. The interest to explore new cities. The ability to walk up to Riders on the side of the road
and strike up a conversation. And the interest to actually jump in there and help us move into a
new city recruit Riders, sign up new businesses, and project manage an official city launch.
● Research your new city and learn the courier pain points, regulations and market
opportunity for Sendy.
● Create and execute local marketing strategies to encourage user adoption and
penetration of Sendy.
● Work with Marketing Manager to build and execute the local marketing launch strategy.
● Work with Operations Manager to build relationships with Riders and get the supply side
of Sendy ready for a new city launch.
● Explore business development opportunities (sponsorships, partnerships, and
comarketing promotions) to increase awareness and visibility of Sendy in local
● Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or Operations Management preferred.
● Currently enrolled in or have completed a Graduate level degree in Business
Management, Economics, or Operations.
● Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through strong
● Strong interpersonal skills ability to maintain respectful and close relationships with all
of our Riders.
● Gogetter, selfdoer, and independent.
● Management Consulting experience a plus.
● Previous experience living / working in a developing economy a plus.
● And most importantly… Patience. #TIA :)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1