Are you passionate about helping an organization address employee workplace issues fairly and consistently?
Do you believe that HR has a role to play in proactively preventing issues from arising through clear policy, education and awareness?
Do you have experience in providing HR / employee relations (ER) support and solutions to colleagues?
Reporting to the Employee and Industrial Relations Manager for the UK, you will lead the UK ER/IR agenda for Downstream, Integrated Gas (inc. New Energies), and Exploration, covering a population of approximately 1600 across the UK.
Employee Relations and Employee Engagement
– Manage high-impact or high-risk individual or collective disciplinary, grievance or other ER issues.
– Advise on employee relations impact related to organisational change, reductions in workforce, acquisitions and divestitures, e.g. manage UK consultation requirements and advise on staff and leader communication
– Manage external risks and ensure compliance with external legislative requirements
– Provide country specific SME ER advice
– Act as trusted advisor/ offer coaching for front line LMs (formal/informal)
– Develop and leverage relationship with internal Employee Representative forums
– Run proactive interventions aimed at improving quality of leadership/ employee engagement through line managers
– Develop and execute specific culture and work environment programmes incl. health and welfare design and application
– Drive and support an inclusive workforce in the UK
– With the support of the line and HR Advice, understand what goes on in the organisation and anticipate what topics can grow into grievances
– Ensure duty of care towards employees and contractors (worker welfare)
HR professionalism – protect our license to operate. The Employee Relations Advisor should be the expert on employee engagement, and complex case management:
– Subject matter expertise in UK Employee Relations practices and processes
– Strong coaching and influencing skills
– Able to identify and understand local external market trends (economic, political, social) and derives insights to drive effective a long-term ER environment.
– Influencing skills to effectively manage a broad range of both external and internal stakeholders.
– A proactive mindset
– Collaboration/integrative leadership (with other parts of the HR organization)
– An ability to look at the big picture, suggest and drive change to proactively and positively support the culture of the organisation
– A sense of humor and strong sense of teamwork and partnership with others
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1