EC&I Senior / Principal Engineer
Our Client is looking for an EC&I Senior Engineer or a Principal Engineer to join a team in Warrington on a contract basis. As a senior member of the Engineering Design Management Team, you will manage multi-discipline engineering resources to ensure design delivery to projects and adherence to design processes and standards.
• Responsible for line management of discipline grouping of up to 75 staff
• Delivery of all design and engineering to meet the requirements of the Concept Design Review & Preliminary Design Review
• Responsible for managing the quality, and progress of Engineering work carried out within the project
• Definition and distribution of the scope of design work to ensure that all work is executed safely, on time and at appropriate levels of quality and cost
• Ensuring that all design work is delivered in accordance with the Project Procedures
• On behalf of the Engineering Manager carry out interviews for Senior/Engineers /Design Engineers
• Liaison with the Intelligent Customer
• Develop and reinforce the safety culture
• Governance of the Engineering deliverables
• Checking/Approval of documents and drawings
• Regularly interacts with clients and managers of other engineering disciplines
• Compliance with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking)
• Develop cost effective technical solutions
• Leading the team to effectively meet the defined engineering scope
• Guiding technical solutions
• Experience in the application of Safety Related Systems to engineering design
• Supporting the Chief Discipline Engineer in the communication of best practices across the design delivery team
• Normally responsible for project(s) with value £0.5M to £2M per annum
• Responsible for managing subcontracts which may be up to £0.5M
• Making principle technical contribution for winning over £150k/annum of additional business
• Supports the project leader in commercial negotiations over £50k
• Project Manager for a Cat 1 & 2 PM Orchestra projects or Task Manager for Cat 3 & 4 PM Orchestra Projects
• Direct Management and integration of engineering designs within the discipline team
• Allocation of work to resources across the designated systems to optimise the delivery of the works
• Responsibility for design delivery within projects where design budget may be up to £10M
• Approval of Engineering Design input to bids up to £2.5M
• Making Principal technical contribution for winning work over £250k
• Degree Qualified in a relevant technical / engineering discipline.
• Full Membership of a discipline specific institution (e.g. I MechE; I StructE; IChemE etc).
• Registered Chartered status in discipline specific Engineering Council.
• At least10 years’ experience in a senior role in the management and delivery of the design of process / materials handling plants preferably in the nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry
• High knowledge of Statutory and Safety Regulations and their appropriate utilisation.
• Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions.
• Management of discipline specific engineering and design teams.
• High level of commercial awareness.
• Ability in the leadership of a technical team within a project delivery environment. Organisation and collaboration skills when working to difficult project deadlines.
• Proven track record within a complex project environment with strong organisational & interpersonal skills.
• Able to develop engineering capability response in support of bid returns
• Fellow of a discipline specific institution (e.g. I MechE; I StructE; IChemE etc).
• Expert in Nuclear Industry.
• Full UK driving licence
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Manager
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1