Purchase, New YorkArlington, Virginia
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Product Development, Commercial – Data & ServicesThe Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Mastercard Data & Services covers a large portfolio of products, from a number of established products with hundreds of millions in annual revenue to a wide array of early-stage products with similar aspirations. The products use the Mastercard dataset combined with proprietary analytic techniques to solve problems for all members of the Mastercard ecosystem – from the largest issues to the smallest credit unions, from the largest retailers to mom-and-pop restaurants.
Within Data & Services, the Product Development team supports the ideation, testing, and scaling of new product ideas. The group acts as an internal incubator and ensures that only the most valuable ideas continue to get additional support, funding, and staffing until the new product becomes a full-fledged product within the domain of a Global Product Management team.
The Commercial Product Developer (CPD) is an important role in the Data & Services Product Development organization, managing the customer value proposition from early concept through to the commercialized solution. Beyond managing the development of the value case and business case, CPDs engage with Delivery teams for early-stage client partners and seek to understand the customer and the use cases fulfilled by the product.
Commercial Product Developer, Product Development – Data & Services
About the position:
• Lead the understanding and development of the customer value proposition from early concept through to the commercialized solution
• Guide the development of the value case (Can we add value for customers?) and business case
• Partnering with delivery teams on engagements with early-stage (Market Test) client partners
• Oversee the go-to-market planning for the new product
• Build and apply domain knowledge about the product and market (sales channels, delivery models, customer processes and context, competitive landscape, differentiation across regions, applicability across industry verticals, etc.)
• Partner with Technical Product Managers to establish high-level, business-problem-oriented goals that will translate into specific features
• Partner with privacy teams to vet privacy and data usage requirements
• Engage with customers in Prototype and Market Test product phases, collects feedback, and works with Delivery teams to ensure successful delivery of the product
• Provide insights on business processes and helps guide feature and function prioritization
• Display innovative leadership to continue evolving the product suite and drive future success
• Partner with the Sales team to ensure the team is fully equipped to sell the products
• Build strong relationships across Mastercard at all levels
All About You:
• Experience with software and / or analytic products
• Desirable, previous experience in Data and Services consulting, managed services, loyalty, data analytics, sales or vertical expertise organizations
• Strong project management skills
• Experience leading teams effectively
• Desire to roll up sleeves and make direct contributions
• Strong collaboration and ability to partner effectively with virtual, fast-paced teams
• Interest in technology and desire to apply technology to solve problems
• Strong communicator
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior leaders
• Bachelor’s degree required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply : https://mastercard.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CorporateCareers/job/Purchase-New-York/Vice-President–Product-Development–Commercial—Data—Services_R-84530/apply
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1