An established MEMS company in the San Francisco Bay Area is looking for a Director of Motion Sensor Technology to drive all product development for a key, high volume customer. This is a unique opportunity in a role with high visibility and strong potential for advancement, to technically guide product development and drive products into high volume applications, putting them in to the hands of hundreds of millions of consumers. This position is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and offers a highly competitive compensation package with relocation assistance.
- Own the development and execution of motion product road-map, working with key customer to identify and define new product opportunities and drive internal resources to meet customer requirements
- Be the primary technical interface between the key customer and the company
- Drive meaningful innovation by understanding and maintaining an awareness of industry and customer trends, leveraging technical advantages to bring to market complex solutions with clear competitive advantages
- Influence product concepts and requirements that meet or exceed customer requirements, and are in alignment with the business strategy
- Drive MEMS and ASIC technical requirements to push the state of the art in motion sensor and IMU capabilities and develop products that give customer a market advantage
- Motivate the development and operations teams to achieve schedule requirements, customer commitments and margin and cost targets
- Engage with customer in deep technical conversations about system design, characteristics, and performance as well as product issues and nuances.
- Manage product launches and continuing to support customer through product launch, ramp, and continued production.
- Continually supporting the needs of the customer, motivating resources internally to address all issues, concerns and needs.
- Technical background with an advanced degree in engineering, physics or a related field
- Strong foundation in the area of inertial/motion sensing and IMU sensor development
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience with a demonstrated track record of successfully working with inertial sensing systems
- Proven leadership capabilities in influencing and driving cross-functional teams in a matrixed global organization
- Experience in a global development, manufacturing and/or product management organization
- Ability to interface with a high profile customer, maintaining appropriate communication and discretion in development of products with high visibility in consumer markets
- Organizational savvy to understand how to get things done in a fast paced, high-tech, matrixed organization; proven ability to execute multiple initiatives concurrently
- Working knowledge of motion sensing systems used in consumer electronics, including MEMS, ASIC, and system level understanding
- Understanding of complex, system level electronics and/or sensor products and applications
- Strong oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, comfortable with customer and executive management communication
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1