Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Humanitarian & DevelopmentOverview
Mastercard is dedicated to inclusive economic growth for all people across the globe. The mandate of the Humanitarian & Development team is to transform communities at the Base of the Pyramid. We imagine a world where every community and individual can meet their basic needs to bring hope for a brighter future for their families. We are building the digital roads that enable marginalized individuals to get what they need, everywhere and always, leveraging our technology and innovating new business models. We go well beyond Mastercard’s traditional payments remit, and critically, increase our reach to the 1+ billion previously unserved consumers.
The Director for Humanitarian & Development will execute our strategy in the East Africa markets cluster. This is a market-facing role, requiring business development skills as well as strong execution abilities and cross-functional project management skills. This position reports directly to the SVP Humanitarian & Development. It will be located in Nairobi.
The successful candidate will design and deliver our go-to-market. S/he must closely collaborate with our customers, partners, and internal stakeholders to successfully sell and implement our Humanitarian & Development solutions, drive adoption and usage, and continually refine and evolve our solution set.
S/he will prioritize commercial opportunities and maintain the sales pipeline, train local staff on Humanitarian & Development solutions, lead complex sales initiatives, and support our Operations and Engineering teams in deployments.
S/he will also provide market insights and Voice of Customer feedback back into the global Product team to ensure that strategy and new product development are aligned with local objectives.
The individual will also be responsible for relationship management with international development organizations, NGOs, donors and capability partners as appropriate to support execution of the strategy.
Executes Humanitarian & Development strategy
• Customizes the go-to market plan and aligns with global Humanitarian & Development team and local Market Development and Public Policy teams
• Executes sales opportunities to launch new programs and maintains pipeline
• Identifies new local partners to accelerate implementation and scale
• Provides feedback loop into global Product team to highlight product innovation opportunities, and ensure product development is locally relevant
Supports relationship management for International Development Organizations and NGOs
• Works closely with Partnerships team and with Center for Inclusive Growth to identify revenue-generating partnership opportunities
• Creates cross-functional teams where appropriate to maximize partnership opportunities, and to build new partnerships
All About You
• Track record of successful consultative sales in a multi-country environment; experience in consulting preferred, payments experience a plus
• Experience with digital technology for Base of Pyramid customer segment strongly preferred
• Ability to develop go-to-market plans and champion innovation that drives Mastercard differentiation in the market
• Ability to win stakeholder buy-in, and manage execution against the strategy. Requires organizational resourcefulness and tact to manage multiple initiatives and cross-functional teams within a highly matrixed corporate environment across multiple cultures
• Strong analytical skills, and comfort with decision-making in ambiguous environment with limited information
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, track record of excelling at the ‘how?’ as well as the ‘what?’, ability to map to senior officials at high level of government
• Good team leadership skills for application in a virtual cross-functional team environment
• Education: Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or graduate degree in STEM subjects or equivalent preferred
• Languages: English required; other languages a plusMastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1