We’re seeking a strategic, data-driven leader to build and scale Content Marketing at Zapier. As the Director, Content Marketing, you’ll develop the function’s strategy, set its vision, and orchestrate its support of cross-functional product and marketing team goals.
The Director, Content Marketing will be instrumental in Zapier’s go-to-market strategy, working with leaders across the company. You’ll be responsible for strengthening our foundation of written content while rapidly testing and expanding the growth of new channels, including video, ebooks, webinars, and podcasts.
There is no sales team at Zapier. Content marketing plays a critical role in growing revenue through self-service channels.
If you’re interested in driving your career at a fast-growing and profitable company, read on.
- You build content marketing strategy and programs that get measurable results. You have 10+ years in the field, including experience driving effective partnerships with product and marketing leaders to achieve valuable customer outcomes and business impact.
- You align teams behind a content marketing vision that contributes to the company vision. You have an eye for identifying massive content marketing opportunities and putting in place strategy and resources that’s led teams to them.
- You accelerate the skills and careers of content marketing practitioners. You have a track record of hiring, developing, and growing exceptional content marketing teams.
- You optimize content systems for higher output. You have a knack for making teams more efficient, whether it be through a better division of responsibility or adopting a new CMS with engineering support.
- You show content marketing’s impact on user needs and business goals. You have a history of independently using marketing data to make strategic content marketing decisions, report performance, and earn stakeholder buy-in.
- You believe in content. You have a point of view that content marketing—and its adjacent fields, including product content, brand content, and technical content—plays a critical role in customer and business success.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a fast-growing company, so you’ll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll do:
- Set the Zapier Content Marketing vision and strategy
- Develop Content Marketing programs, including those in support of cross-functional team goals
- Grow skills and careers of the Content Marketing team, including editors, writers, and content specialists
- Determine staffing resources to meet growing content marketing needs company-wide
- Oversee the Content Marketing freelancer program and content outsourcing, including its budget
- Build new content marketing partnerships with media, Zapier partner companies, and others
- Travel of 5% – 10% for company retreats which rotate to various cities throughout North America
- As part of our All Hands Support initiative, help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
Our team of 250+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, and Australia. You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Radio field Option 1
- Dropdown field Option 1