Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Director, Area MarketingOverview
The mission of Worldwide Marketing and Communication is to build the brand, fuel the business and advance sustainable competitive advantage. The main responsibilities of the role are:
• To create, drive and deliver an integrated marketing and communications strategy for the entire Sub Saharan Africa Division that drives Mastercard’s business performance of 30%+ CAGR , a growth ambition of 3X in revenues and share in 5 years and significantly increasing brand salience and reputation.
• Ensure optimal allocation and prioritization of budgets and people resources in order to deliver the business and brand KPIs of the Sub Saharan Africa Division / MEA Region.
• To ensuring marketing and communication resources and investments dedicated to efforts that are both relevant locally and in alignment with regional/global priorities/strategies/KPIs
• Design and produce division marketing and communication strategy in line with the business strategy as plan its delivery through channels that maximize end-use engagement, including:
o Content Design and Production: Leads development of creative, strategic, storytelling content (e.g., advertising, collateral, user experience etc.) and negotiates cost-effective vendor contracts while maintaining program objectives and quality.
o Knowledge of Digital Marketing: Identifies break-through technology developments ahead of the competition (i.e., mobile marketing, marketing automation, etc.) and acts as a champion on initiatives to integrate it.
o Marketing Channels: Identifies and implements the most appropriate and cost effective channels mix and maximizes the potential of digital channels, where possible.
• Work closely with the Head of Marketing and Communication MEA, Division President, Area Business Heads and the Sub Saharan Africa Head of Market Development to ensure the strategy is completely in sync with the business’ goals.
• Manage the annual planning & budgeting process
• Deliver brand marketing and promotional campaigns through above and below-the-line channels including social-media, maximizing engagement across the stakeholder map of Issuers, Acquirers, Merchants, Fintech partners, Regulators and end Consumers.
• Deliver insights driven and integrated communications solutions that drive Mastercard’s business performance, reputation and engagement resulting in 3rd party advocacy for the company’s value by industry influencers across traditional media, online and social networks
• Guides creators of thought leadership in the development of original content/narrative
• Provides direction to Mastercard marketing and communication staff or agency staff on the design/development of any marketing and/or communication materials/collaterals
• Accountable for division marketing and communication budget and ensuring that all campaigns, programs, and activities are within allocated budget
• Supervises several groups/teams, ensures compliance to goal setting and performance appraisal processes, coaches and develops employees as an organizational resource
All About You
• Proven track record of establishing integrated marketing and communication plans across multiple markets/channels, leveraging synergies between marketing & communication channels, and delivering results
• Experience of working in developing markets is a plus.
• Proven ability in building and strengthening collaborative relationships with global/regional/local marketing and communication counterparts and representing the voice of the local market
• Experience in working in a matrixed structure, being able to balance the needs of multiple stakeholders across local, regional and global functions.
• Significant experience and proven success in one or more marketing and communication families, with extensive additional experience in three or more marketing families, including B2B, product marketing, Consumer Marketing or communication
• Experience in supervising and coaching marketing and communication teams and establishing effective processes/standardsMastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1