An established MEMS company in the U.S. is looking for a Design Evaluation Engineer. The Primary responsibility will be system evaluation of MEMS devices with a primary focus on the ASIC.
- Work closely with designers to verify the design through co-sims (mixed signal + sensor simulations) prior to tape-out of the ASIC.
- Develop both verification and evaluation plans and execute the plan. After tape-out the evaluation plan will cover wafer and package measurements for determining first silicon readiness of a product.
- Configure suitable tools, instrumentation, equipment, and software necessary to execute the evaluation plan in a timely manner.
- Validate the experimental data and prepare a comprehensive final report along with possible complex troubleshooting of the ASIC and sensor.
- Work with an interdisciplinary project team, assisting product engineers in understanding device operation and testing.
- BSEE, MSEE preferred.
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years related and progressive semiconductor industry experience. MEMS experience a plus.
- IC design tools and device-level simulators such as SPICE, ability to read circuit layouts with corresponding schematic diagrams a plus.
- Familiar with common sub-circuits such as gates, flops, current sources, differential inputs, amplifiers, etc.,
- Understands MOS and bipolar device-level operation to first order, able to perform die-level probing of internal nodes, measure electrical parameters with suitable instrumentation, and prepare/present clear documentation.
- Prior experience developing PCB hardware for bench testing and have a sufficient LabView experience to program a test sequencer GUI.