Hinkley Point C / Bristol
The primary purpose of the role of the Civil Engineer is to provide first class support to his team lead on the UK EPR projects on behalf of the Licensee organisation, this will mainly consist in :
– enacting the role of intelligent customer,
– understanding the requirements placed on the civil structures by the safety case
– ensuring the safety case is not compromised during the design, procurement, construction and operational phases
– supporting TMA Site Assurance activities
– and managing the team
This is all so that the design sub-processes owned by TMA are properly, adequately and efficiently implemented.
The TMA function is part of the Technical Directorate. Its function is to carry out the Intelligent Customer role for the Engineering activities. This includes owning the design sub processes; it does this by acting as the conduit through which the Responsible Designer feeds the design in and this is disseminated to the UK based Licensee team for review and acceptance.
The design sub-processes cover:
– Management of technical risks and opportunities for the Project with the purpose of ensuring that risks on design are identified early shared and understood by the HPC design stakeholders and that proposed mitigations are appropriate.
– Acceptance, validation and formalisation of owner’s requirements related to all aspects and disciplines of design.
– Enabling the relationship with the Responsible Designer by understanding the nuances between French/English design principles and having an appreciation of the cultural differences.
– Working at a cross functional level to provide oversight of HPC/RD workgroups allowing the Licensee to give significant insight to and opportunity to influence design activities.
– Review and acceptance of multi discipline designs produced by the Responsible Designer including:
o Review of the RD’s and suppliers’ design against UK regulations/practices and Project requirements by the TMA team.
o Being responsible for the articulation of outcomes from the design review with the Responsible Designer.
o Ensuring that an adequate solution is tabled and accepted by both the RD and HPC.
– Responsible for providing the technical support to the hold points/gate reviews process in order to ensure that accepted design information is available to confirm readiness to proceed to the next design or construction steps.
– Interface with Site and construction activities, providing both tech and Safety Case support and fulfilling TMA Site Assurance responsibilities, which may the TMA Engineer’s presence to be split between HPC Site and BWH Bristol, potentially for prolonged periods.
– Technical issues solving: the team will support issue resolution in the frame of the project constraints (safety, quality, cost, schedule). The engineer will have the responsibility to ensure adequate solutions are adopted and will ensure adequate coordination between the programmes, the RD and various stakeholders (DA, assurance, pre ops, pre-construction planning, site…)
Design experience in reinforced concrete and steelwork
Experience of hazard and accidental load conditions
Understanding the needs of quality
Decision making capability for resolution of safety case issues
Work effectively and maintain a strong relationship with EDF Engineering, regulatory bodies and other internal and external stakeholders
Advanced degree in Civil Engineering
Chartered engineer status via Institution of Civil Engineers/Structural Engineers
Experience of civil and structural engineering
Knowledge of geotechnical engineering
Knowledge of risks in terms of the CDM regulations
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1