I am looking for a C&I Engineer to join a team on a 24 month contract in Culham on a nuclear site.
The Central Engineering Department provides design, procurement, installation and support to plant required to confine and study the behaviour of plasma in conditions and dimensions approaching those required for a fusion reactor.
This role requires proactive participation in the design, build and commission of control and instrumentation systems and to provide support for the C&I needs on many projects across site related to the entire broad portfolio of the Engineering Realisation Section. The candidate should have knowledge of the fundamental components of sensors, general I/O, actuators, signal conditioning, data capture, video camera systems and be able to understand and program data acquisition systems and intelligent controllers such as PLC’s or LabVIEW Controllers.
- Working as part of the engineering team and reporting to the Engineering Realisation Section Leader
- To take responsibility for the requirement capture, design, procurement, installation, programming and commissioning of assigned C&I systems, including test rigs and prototypes, in accordance with procedures and specifications.
- Work to and originate formal procedures, test reports, safety documents and specifications, applying CCFE quality and safety procedures as necessary.
- Ensure that the design basis and reports shall be fully auditable and of sufficient detail to satisfy CCFE, F4E or ITER and third party (statutory) scrutiny.
- Supervise and direct the work of other staff, such as more junior members of the team, apprentices, electricians, riggers, fitters, scaffolders and general workers, ensuring appropriate safety and job specific paperwork is completed and the work force fully understands the requirements.
- HND or Degree in a suitable scientific or engineering discipline.
- Possession or significant progress towards accreditation with a professional body (e.g. EngTech, IEng, CEng)
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience of the development of C&I systems and testing equipment including control and instrumentation (sensors, actuators, PLC, intelligent controllers, software etc.)
- Experienced in aspects of project management, design and installation of small C&I systems.
- Will have extensive experience in authoring, production and upkeep of technical/safety documents, reports and diagrams.
- A sound understanding of safe working practices.
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral are required.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1