The COO will be responsible for the day to day management of the wind platform (“Betam Wind Energy India Pvt Ltd and subsidiaries”, which is a 50:50 equity partnership between Engie and STOA exclusively for the purpose of developing and implementing onshore and offshore wind projects in India), covering the operations of all wind power plants in India. As the COO, he will make sure synergies between assets and with Engie & STOA will be maximized for the benefit of all parties.
The COO will report to the CEO of the wind platform.
The COO shall:
– Ensure the contractual requirements of the Company’s shareholders, and clients are delivered consistently and accurately.
– Ensure the facilities are managed and operated in a manner that enables achievement of the required availability, environmental performance, and efficiency.
– Ensure that all required regulatory, H&S, client, and stakeholder reporting obligations are carried out accurately, on time and are in compliance with, or exceed applicable requirements.
The COO’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Accountability for the overall administration and execution of the terms of EPC Contracts and other Construction Contracts, Operations and Maintenance Agreements, Long term service Agreements in the day to day operation of the facilities, maximizing profitability in line with reasonable commercial efforts and within generally acceptable good utility practice.
• Assuming a leadership role in the area of HS&E, upholding as a core value. Be responsible for development, implementation, continuous improvement and reporting of Health, Safety & Environmental management systems, structure of the organization and policies for safe and reliable operation & maintenance of the Plants and safety of personnel.
• Assisting in the formulation of business plans, which will include long term and annual operating plans and budgets.
• Approve and oversee departmental performance Key Performance Indicators (KPI) aligned with plan objectives, and provide regular performance reporting/variance analyses
• Development and implementation of the organization structure for the operating and construction assets, including but not limited to managing the wind platform interface with the relevant BD and other Engie and STOA stakeholders
• Fostering good industrial relations at the Sites.
• Implementation and maintenance of systems and procedures to ensure efficient, safe and environmentally compliant plant operations.
• Fostering good relationships with key local groups and communities;
• Conduct emergency prevention and response planning and act as regulatory liaison to local, regional, and federal officials and government agencies.
• Liaison with the EPC Contractor and the Owner during the commissioning and testing of the Plant.
• Ensuring internal processes are implemented so that the Plant complies with Owner’s safety standards, local and national standards, and the other standards required under the PPA.
• Creating and maintaining a working environment to enable the Plant to meet its performance requirements.
• Developing, implementing and maintaining the asset business plans, including: facility budgets, resource requirement, and risk analysis and review.
• Minimizing losses and risk exposure through consistent risk review and mitigation strategy,
• Track Facility long term performance against financial incentives or penalties within the Operations and Maintenance Agreement, Long Term Service Agreements, including review of opportunities for increasing business unit earnings.
• Attends HR related issues as related to assets.
• Fulfills the internal and external reporting goals.
• Maintains confidentiality of all information available to the position.
• Communication: English is essential: excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
• Must be flexible: willing to work long hours, weekends and be on call (periodically);
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent communication, negotiation, team management and coordination skills.
• Demonstrates management ability with highly developed interpersonal skills including subordinate development, team building and conflict resolution;
• Must have strong organizational skills;
• Thorough understanding of EPC Contracts, other Construction Contracts and Operations and Maintenance Agreements;
• Understanding of the Power Purchase Agreements;
• Must understand the budgeting, safety standards, ethics and economics related to the Power Industry (esp Wind).
• Proficiency in IT user (windows) and intermediate applications (MS office), spreadsheets and database applications
The ability to:
• Develop and maintain budgets
• Administer commercial contracts
• 15-20 years’ experience, ideally in India, or other developing market, in Construction/Operations/Maintenance, Engineering/Design, Procurement, etc. in the operation of a large power plant, preferably wind;
• Contractual and commercial experience, preferably under both a turnkey and split-contract structure
• Experience with a multinational corporation in a cross-cultural environment is a plus.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or a relevant technical field).
• Secondary technical degree of business qualification would be useful
• Based at Engie India HQ (Gurgaon).
• Flexibility to travel throughout India to any existing and future site and the MESCAT region
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Senior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1