Reports to: Operations Director
Provides Supervision to:OVC Manager, Grants Finance Manager, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Advisor, Household Economic Strengthening Advisor
Purpose of Position
World Vision Kenya seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Local Partner Service Delivery Activity (LPSDA)-OVC Activity. The Chief of Party (CoP) has overall responsibility for the leadership and management of all grant activities, consortium members and staff. The incumbent has principal responsibility for representation for the projects to USAID and local Government entities and provides strategic leadership and supervision of sub-grantees and sub-contractors while ensuring the security, feasibility, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes.
Strategic Leadership and management 40%
- Responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management of the project as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the project in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure strong communication and coordination with all team and consortium members as a means to effectively achieve program objectives. Encourage transparency among and between consortium members to promote coordination and effectiveness.
- Lead the planning of project activities and set high quality performance targets ensuring adherence to technical standards, WV regulations, best practices and donor guidelines.
- Design strategies, partnerships and interventions to guarantee the project is gender and ability-sensitive and that WV and implementing partners are accountable to beneficiaries.
- Primary point of contact and collaboration for the team and in-country stakeholders, including USAID, implementation partners, government partners and other key stakeholders.
- The COP should embrace the shared Kenyan vision for the project and effectively manage available financial and human resources to make that vision a reality.
Strategic Engagement and Donor Relations, 20%
- Direct and oversee grant implementation, ensuring that all strategic objectives are met through proper design, staffing, implementation and quality assurance
- Represent the OVC project and World Vision to USAID, Government of Kenya, UN agencies, implementing, technical partners and other appropriate bodies.
- Ensure effective liaison with local government officials, local communities, donor representatives and other stakeholders as appropriate
- Constantly look for more effective and efficient implementation and opportunities to increase impact
Monitoring, Reporting, Documentation & Knowledge Management, 15%
- Establish and maintain effective project reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Submit timely accurate and quality reports that meet donor requirements
- Document and disseminate project best practices, lessons learnt and success stories
Budget Management, 20%
- Manage grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and World Vision.
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocated as per assigned budget, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure low risk audits
Other duty assigned 5%
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Master’s degree in Public Health, International Development, Community Development, Public Administration, Development studies or any relevant field
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large OVC grants, working with local governments, civil societies and communities preferably in developing countries
- Proven ability to manage technical assistance teams and ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals
- Familiarity with USAID and PEPFAR programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs
- Demonstrated accomplishment in working with host-country professionals, ministries and with donor colleagues in country
- Excellent managerial and operational experience, preferably in managing large donor projects involving coordination
- Past experience of working with USG supported projects and knowledge of financial rules and regulations at a senior level.
- Experience in developing program work-plans, budgets, managing implementation, staff and short-term technical assistance.
- Excellent performance track record
- Experience in integrating teams of professionals around common goals and motivating through visionary leadership.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills,
- Excellent Relational skill s
- Keen understanding of the unique political dynamics of the country and ability to work carefully and collaboratively to support the various political entities in Kenya
- To apply https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/kenya/field-operations/chief-of-party-ovc/14577
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1