Job Title: Senior Civils/Structural CAD Designer
Location: Bristol (BS16)
Main Purpose of Role:
Ensure CAD 2D & 3D work is delivered in compliance with projects requirements and our client’s quality procedure. Monitor CAD work and progress of assigned designs. Coordinate CAD design work in E&A region.
- Prepare design layouts or schematics based on sketches or instructions received from engineering team.
- Ensure CAD 2D &3D work is effectively coordinated in the E&A region and in line with our clients quality procedure.
- Produce first class engineering design work on conceptual, FFED and detailed design projects.
- Good awareness of project CTR’s and actual time spent creating and checking project deliverables. Highlight any potential project time overrun.
- Meet project man-hour and schedule targets for all assigned deliverables.
- Detailed experience with project SLD’s, overall Plot Plans in order to produce the detailed SLD’s, Protection &Metering diagrams, Layouts, schedules and classification drawings.
- Coordinate with other discipline engineers/designers on requirements/implications of the CAD work for the assigned project.
- Prepare detailed design, installation drawings, route layouts, Interconnection Drawings, I/O schedules based on the design and requirements.
- Assemble documentation packages and produce drawing sets to be checked by engineers.
- Liaise with project manager on daily basis and pass on all relevant design information as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Manage required drawing office project files with strict confidentiality.
- Adhere to the requirements of HSE policies and report any incidents without delay.
Knowledge / Experience (Skills):
- Detailed knowledge of 2D and 3D CADD applications.
- Knowledge of PDS or equivalent software is an added advantage.
- Familiarity with industry codes and standards (ASME B31.3, ASME VIII, ASME B31.4, ASME B31.8 and so on).
- Extensive working knowledge of AutoCAD (2006 or later), Inventor and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Extensive experience in the calculation of man-hour estimates.
- Capacity to independently evaluate, organise and prioritise work working to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in a multi-disciplinary environment and the ability to converse with senior management and clients.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to produce work in an extremely efficient manner.
- Demonstrable ability and enthusiasm to deliver efficient analytical solutions to engineering design tasks.
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1