Bespoke Concept/ Studio Design Engineer
Contract – 6 Months
PAYE contract only
A Concept Engineer is required to work in the Automotive sector for a client based in Chichester on an initial 6 month contract.
- Mechanical engineering (or similar) at degree level or equivalent with in excess of 3 years experience in a relevant area with at least 3 years CATIA experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical mechanics with comprehensive understanding of vehicle packaging and extensive knowledge of exterior and interior construction techniques.
- Strong and proven creative three-dimensional spacial ability and high awareness of Bespoke and Series relevant manufacturing processes.
- PC knowledge, current MS-office-applications.
- Skilled and knowledgeable in CAD CATIA V5 and PRISMA software.
- English language business fluent – German skills could be an advantage.
- Skilled and capable in team working and communication
The Bespoke Concept Engineers role will be to provide creative technical solutions and support for all aspects of design for Bespoke Design on all products and implement with whole vehicle concepts in conjunction with multiple specialist departments.
The Studio Design Engineer is responsible for all technical requests during the product development process in close collaboration with the Designers and the partners of research & development, production and suppliers. Their work starts with the first concepts, is ongoing with virtual (CAS) and 3D physical models (Clay, hard models, concept vehicles) and ends with final convergence between styling and engineering. They provide the designers and the manufacturing teams with the necessary technical informations at the complete design-technic-convergency-process (DTK). They identify the conflicts between styling and technical concepts, accompany the design-technic-convergency-process continously with technical investigations and conceptual alternatives and brings the non-convergent themes by all suitable means to a final decision.
The Bespoke Concept Engineer is responsible for the availability of technical data and technical investigations and research at the complete design-technic-convergency-process.
- Main accountabilities
1 – Technical Integration : Commission Collection, Collection Cars, One-Offs
Responsibility – Generate technical design solutions and steer and mediate designers’ input for Commission Collection features
Outcome – Generate innovative and deliverable engineering solutions in conjunction with ED-R designers
2 – Create geometry in CATIA
Responsibility – Ensure that ED-R designs are represented in a feasible manner (including fixing concepts) in CATIA
Outcome – Clear and transparent steering and definition of design intent for design release.
3 – Technical representative to departments outside ED
- Responsibility – Member of the DTK-process and maintain records, technical drawings and comparisons for necessary staff meetings and independently schedule and support mandatory reviews.
Outcome – Clear point of contact and communication within the various technical meetings and sign-off processes to achieve technical convergence and escalation of technical points
4 – Goodwood-Munich Technical Interface
Responsibility – Act as technical liaison between Munich engineering and Goodwood ED-R Bespoke Design
Outcome – Enable closer relations and more effective communication and transparent implementation of Bespoke designs
5 – Design Translation
- Responsibility – Translate the design/styling language into technical solutions and the technical input into design/styling language
Outcome – To support the progression of the R-R brand by generating new and desirable ideas for the future in Bespoke and Concept Design
- Salary Offer $3000 ~ $10.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1