Global, independent commodity trading company covering oil, gas and power markets has an exciting opportunity for a Backend Engineer to join their small development team within their Energy Trading business.
Specialising in the North Sea Energy markets, you will be working as part of a small programming team responsible for developing applications for the front office trading team, the middle office and reporting team, and the risk management team.
This role would suit a junior developer, either a graduate who has studied a degree in computer science or a developer for a couple of years’ experience in a commercial setting.
Your daily responsibilities:
* Building backend applications and tools that deal with large datasets
* Maintaining and improving existing applications
* Testing and release management
We are looking for someone who:
* Good hands on experience developing backend applications
* Database management experience
* Excellent knowledge of SQL
* Good experience working with Python
* Has experience with one of Git or Subversion (SVN)
* Has experience with continuous integration
The ideal candidate will also be able to:
* Solve problems methodically
* Inform design decisions
* Organise themselves and their work in order to allow efficient teamwork
* Work in a small team with autonomy
* Use the latest technology stack
* Gain exposure to financial markets and physical commodities trading.
* 5% pension contributions, 25 days holiday, private medical, Modern West London Offices
This needs combining with a positive attitude and an ability to work within a large, globally dispersed project team in a multi-cultural environment. You also need to be a self-starter, a logical thinker and a quick learner, with strong initiative and excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, able to write clearly and concisely.
We believe in equality of opportunity for all job applicants regardless of gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, creed or religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Salary Offer $10.000 ~ $20.000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1