Sendy is a crowd sourced courier marketplace tackling last mile, on demand, and hyper local deliveries in Kenya. Sendy provides an app and web platform that enables individuals and
businesses to connect with Riders and Drivers and request on demand or scheduled courier services at anytime, any day, 24/7. To support our mission, we crowd source vehicles and their drivers (boda bodas, vans and pickup trucks, 3 ton trucks), extensively vet and train our drivers, and then connect them to our GPS enabled tracking and dispatching system.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
We are looking for some stellar Graduate Student Fellows to help us strategize the expansion of our business. Currently we manage over 500 business clients and thousands of individual users
and we’re excited to be pushing forward into new product channels and regions. We are looking to bring on board Summer Graduate Fellows to help us move into this next stage of growth.
Help us grow our individual user base. Host events, run cool campaigns, build brand
awareness, master Power Editor and social media marketing, and make Sendy a top of mind brand. Running any and all initiative backed by metrics. Take our marketing budget and decide how we should spend it, and why. Show me the ROI.
● Identify key brand and event partnerships and cultivate business relationships.
● Interface with internal teams and outside agencies to develop and lead product gotomarket strategy.
● Create datadriven, dynamic, ‘voiceofthecustomer’ marketing strategies and tests that
deliver against Return on Investment (ROI) targets.
● Strategize and execute an active and engaging social media plan across multiple
platforms: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. Ensure consistent brand messaging across all channels.
● Collaborate with leadership and external agencies to develop key messaging and
specific advertising copy/design/packaging for campaigns across marketing channels;
including detailed associated budgets.
● Execute local sales and marketing initiatives and develop plans to implement new
innovative sales and marketing initiatives.
● Assesses delivery and performance of each marketing campaign on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
● Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Business, Economics preferred.
● Currently enrolled in or have completed a Graduate level degree in Business
Management, Economics, or Operations.
● Data driven decision making mentality and sound business judgment through stronganalytical thinking.
● Strong interpersonal skills ability to maintain respectful and close relationships with all
of our Riders, Clients, and Agencies.
● Gogetter, selfdoer, and independent.
● Management Consulting experience a plus.
● Previous experience living / working in a developing economy a plus.
● And most importantly… Patience. #TIA :)
- Salary Offer 0 ~ $3000
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 0-5
- Dropdown field Option 1